Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mercy bound...hopefully in more than one way!




After what felt like the longest morning of my life we got a phone call from the Pediatrician. She was still waiting to consult with the Pediatric Oncology Dr we saw the week prior. Rather than waiting around to hear from the Cancer doctor I tell Dr. Rozina after the limited research I was able to do it seems as though Natalie needs a neurosurgeon, preferably and Children's Mercy. She agrees and begins the process of referring us to our next destination on our medical journey.


In the mean time my sister's uncle-in-law (if that's the correct term) who is a Neurosurgeon was kind enough to read the report to help interpret if possible. He agrees she needs and MRI of her brain and to see a Neurosurgeon. Fortunately his fiancee is a Pediatric Neuroradiologist in Dallas and he is willing to arrange a second opinion if we wish to go that route.


2:30pm we get the call- Dr. Rozina has gotten us an appointment with the Pediatric Neurosurgeon at Children's Mercy @ 10:15 am Friday morning. In the mean time I am given the task of gathering her MRI disc from KU to take to the Neurosurgeon.



Thank you to everyone who has sent me notes and positive messages. While I am not able to respond to all of them, please know they mean the world to me and help me get through the long wait. I am so grateful to have so many people praying for our little girl and so many hands eager to help when called upon. Tomorrow we prepare for our journey to Children's Mercy hoping to find the end of this medical scavenger hunt. We pray for answers, plan for treatment, and positive prognosis. We hope to be Mercy bound!




5 comments:

  1. Natalie is in my prayers. It sounds like you have a wonderful team rooting for her and helping her pull through this whole ordeal. Best of wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    You know to call if you need anything. Childcare, food, etc

    Love Aunt Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily & Chris,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers. We willl get thru this, Emily.
    Love to you all, K. Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck today! I'll be praying for you guys! Let me know if we can do anything for you...seriously, anything.
    Take care,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete